It’s now Day 13 of our Whole 30 challenge and I can say that I do feel good! Usually by 2:30 pm I neeeed a nap (though I certainly don’t always get it) but the last week or so I haven’t had that post-lunch slump. Hooray!
That doesn’t mean I’m not missing a few tasty foods- can anyone say bread and cheese? I based this recipe for Cheesy Pepperoni Bites off my favorite Pao de Queso. I added the pepperoni for the kids and hubby and they were surely a hit! Even though our family isn’t gluten-free (well, except during Whole30), these little treats are! (And don’t worry, I made these pre-Whole30 )
If you make a batch, have one for me!
- 1 egg
- 4 tbs. butter, melted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1.5 cups tapioca flour
- ⅔ cup grated cheese
- (I’ve used mozzarella, freshly-grated parm, a combo of the two, queso fresco, cheddar, and more. They’re all good!)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. pepperoni slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put everything in a blender, starting with wet ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into mini-muffin pans.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 15 minutes, until tops begin to brown.
Linking up: Time to Sparkle