I don’t know what makes these little rosemary cheese bites so addictive, but they totally are. Anytime I make a variation of this bread for guests, or take them to a party, they are G-O-N-E. I am quite sure they should be accountable for at least one inch on my waist. And the ways to customize them are endless!
(You can check out my pepperoni version here- a favorite of the kiddos!)
These Rosemary Cheese Bites are especially a favorite of mine, mostly because I love cheese, rosemary, and bread. Ahem. So these little treats are the perfect combination of all three!
I usually serve them as appetizers before the meal, mostly because it is imperative that they are served piping hot. If you can time your meal really well, where these can come out of the oven right when everything else is ready, they also make an accompaniment to steak or fish. Let me know if you try them!
- 1 egg
- 4 tbs. butter, melted
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1.5 cups tapioca flour
- ⅔ cup grated cheese
- (I’ve used mozzarella, freshly-grated parm, a combo of the two, queso fresco, cheddar, and more. They’re all good!)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 spring of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put everything in a blender, starting with wet ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into mini-muffin pans.
- Bake at 400 degrees about 15 minutes, until tops begin to brown.